Steam iron is used to iron clothes, ultimately to remove wrinkles. People face different problems while using it because they do not know how to use it properly. Here we will tell you how to use a steam iron properly.
Points to consider before using steam iron
In today’s article, we are going to give you tips that will help you to use steam iron properly. Unlike regular iron, it has many additional features, that require little knowledge.
First of all, fill the water tank according to the instruction given because different steam iron has different methods. Read instructions carefully to avoid any mishap.
Settings of steam iron:
Before ironing cloth, make sure to read the label written on the garment. For example, some clothes are allowed to iron on minimum heat, some on medium, and some are not allowed to press. So check the label on the clothes and set fabric setting on the iron according to the label.
Let the soleplate heat up according to the set temperature. Some iron has a red light when this light is on, and it means iron is getting ready, and when this red light is off, then iron is ready to use.
Set up an area for ironing or steaming:
Place your cloth on the iron table and start ironing your clothes. If you don’t have an ironing table, then you can also use any flat and smooth area like a table or counter. Start with the soft clothes that need minimum heat and then iron pants and sweaters because steams will gradually increase. Some fabrics require low-temperature settings such as acetate and nylon while some require high-temperature settings such as cotton and corduroy.
- Wool: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Polyester: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Linen: 230 °C (445 °F)
- Triacetate: 200 °C (390 °F)
- Cotton: 204 °C (400 °F)
- Viscose/Rayon: 190 °C (375 °F)
- Silk: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Triacetate: 200 °C (390 °F)
- Cotton: 204 °C (400 °F)
- Acetate: 143 °C (290 °F)
Do not apply iron directly on the front or backside of the cloths. For example, if you are ironing a shirt, then you must first apply iron on the collar, cuffs, and then on the front and backside of the shirt. Similarly, if you are ironing dresses like a frock, then first apply iron on the rough cloth and then apply on the frock.
Always move your iron in up and down motion while ironing cloth. Do not move the iron in a circular motion because this can cause your fabric to stretch out. Some clothes are not easy to iron, so use water spray over that cloth and then iron it. It will remove all kinds of deep wrinkles.
- Do not lose attention while ironing and turn it off when you already have done it.
- Place iron on the stand when you need to turn the side of the cloth.
Don’t miss other models available on the market:
- HEATS FASTER: Maytag’s M400 Iron reaches max temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons. Plus, it only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate - the anti-wrinkle spray,...
- VERTICAL STEAM: The Maytag M400 is not JUST for ironing, now you can steam out wrinkles on your hanging garments too, with the vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch grip provides the perfect...
- PRECISION THERMOSTAT: Iron specialty fabrics - Linen, Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, or Synthetic; simply turn the dial for a precise temperature and ironing becomes quick and effortless for ALL your...
- SELF-CLEANING: The best part, this iron will self-clean! With an anti-calc and anti-scale function, your iron will remain in pristine condition use after use
- INCLUDES: 1500w; 8.1oz tank capacity, 360-degree swivel 8ft cord, and backed by a manufacturer’s 2-year warranty
- Humiliates Irons Costing Twice as Much - Designed with unmatched steaming power to easily decimate the toughest wrinkles, a long lasting ceramic soleplate which is more durable than stainless steel,...
- Large LCD Screen with 11 Preset Settings - With the useful LCD screen feature, you can easily select your fabric type and always iron with the right heat. Our PurSteam Iron will provide you with ideal...
- Multi-purpose Iron - Do you need to iron or steam tapestry and curtains? Look no further! From now on you can iron VERTICALY almost any fabric you want. We all know how difficult and stressful is...
- Packed with Features – Beside the large LCD screen for easier temperature selection, the PurSteam Iron offers you many features to make your ironing easier. Designed with a self-cleaning function...
- Unsurpassed Quality/ Live Customer Support - Water drops in the tank? Do not fear! This just means your PurSteam steam iron was thoroughly tested before arriving at your home. Our rigorous testing...
- Dynamic Steam Technology - The Allure iron produces over 30% more steam to quickly cut through wrinkles and create long-lasting, crisp results on clothes, linens, and more When compared to Shark GI405...
- Auto Clean System - Keep the iron at peak performance with the Auto Clean system, which flushes out mineral deposits
- Variable Temperature and Steam Controls - Independent steam and temperature controls give you the ability to customize each setting separately for the best results across all fabric types
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest
- Exceptional 5 bars of pressure ideal for removing wrinkles from hanging garments or drapes and or smoothing and shaping sewing projects
- Micro steam 400 Stainless Steel Soleplate. Power cord length : 1.9 meter
- Constant High Powered Steam - available at the touch of a trigger, the powerful steam makes ironing fast and effortless
- Eco Setting saves up to 20% of energy, power 1800 watts, steam output 80 grams per minute
- Extra Large, removable and visible 47oz Tank allowing 1.5 hours of continuous ironing ; Anti scale function - Rinsing system. Made in France
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- CORDLESS STEAM/DRY IRON Enjoy the ease and freedom of cordless steam and dry ironing with this sleek 1500 Watt iron; Ideal for quilting, sewing and crafting
- CURVED STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE Smartly curved, super-smooth stainless-steel soleplate heats quickly to nimbly remove creases and wrinkles
- VERTICAL STEAM FEATURE With the push of a button, a powerful vertical steam feature directs a full burst of steam to relax and remove winkles in hanging garments, curtains and drapes
- TOUCH-BUTTON IRON & STEAM SETTINGS Electronic temperature controls on the iron's handle make it quick convenient to select and adjust temperatures for a wide variety of fabrics, plus variable steam...
- Capacity: 0.154 liters
- 💨[STEAM & DRY IRON]: Compared to traditional irons, the MOOSOO Steam Iron reaches its maximum temperature in less than a minute. It can be used as both a steam and dry iron.
- 💨[CERAMIC SOLEPLATE]: Ceramic is more durable than stainless steel, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean. The enhanced non-stick soleplate glides over all fabric types to smooth out wrinkles.
- 💨[ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE]: The MOOSOO Steam Iron is equipped with 4 temperature settings, allowing for use on a variety of fabrics including linen, cotton, silk, wool, nylon, and synthetic. The...
- 💨[AUTO-CLEAN SYSTEM & 470ML LARGE WATER TANK]: Maintain the iron’s peak performance with the Auto-clean system, which flushes out mineral deposits. The 470mL water tank allows for 15 minutes of...
- 💨[SAFETY ]: Motion sensors automatically turn off the steam iron when no activity is detected for a long period of time. The Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any of the temperature...
Our other reviews. Have a look!
- Best Travel Steam Irons (Dual Voltage) – 2021 Buying Guide
- Best Cordless Steam Irons 2021 Review – Top Picks
- Best Steam Iron for Dress Shirts – 2021 Bying Guide & Reviews
- Best Lightweight Steam Iron – 2021 Buying Guide & Reviews
- Best Steam Iron Under $50 – 2021 Buying Guide & Reviews
- Best Retractable Cord Steam Iron – 2021 Reviews (Updated)
- Best Small Steam Iron – 2021 Buying Guide and Reviews
- Best Steam Iron Without Auto Shut Off Function – 2021 Buying Guide
- Best Soleplate Types for Steam Irons – 2021 Comparison Guide
- Best Vertical Steam Iron – 2021 Reviews & Buying Guide