Regular steam irons are meant for domestic usage. Despite standard steam, irons are smaller than steam generator irons but still not portable because of their weight and size. Hence for those people, especially travelers who do not like bulky steam irons, small steam irons are introduced. Mini or Small steam irons are highly compact in size and light in weight. Some models are even fit into the palm so you will love these cute miniature steam irons!
Best Small Steam Irons to buy in 2020
Because of various models in this category, one has to do extensive research to pick the best one according to the needs. We have reviewed and tested many small steam irons keeping in view various features such as compactness, performance, durability, maneuverability, Water tank capacity, soleplate material and dual voltage support. So, here is the list of best small steam iron 2020. You can pick any of these, and you will never regret your decision.
1. SF-717 Mini Travel Steam Iron
SF-717 mini steam iron is smaller than your expectations. Its length is only 5.3 inches with 2.9 inches width, and 3.1 inches height. So it is almost in the size of your hand. Also, this small steam iron is ideal for traveling as there is a travel bag in the pack too.
It has a nonstick soleplate that ensures smooth glide over any fabric. Don’t worry about the slipping of this iron from your hand as it is too small because it gives you a phenomenal grip that never leaves your hand until you leave it. It heats up readily in 15 seconds and needs only 420-watt power. Also, you can easily select the required steam amount with a single touch.
2. Hamilton Beach Portable Handheld Travel iron 10092
When we talk about small steam iron, more often, people want it for traveling. If we say Hamilton Beach Travel Iron offers a Miniature model with a foldable handle, it is not less than a blessing. It only weighs 1.5 pounds with 7.8 inches length, 5.4 inches width, and 3.6 inches in height. Perfect shape f soleplate and its weight to size ratio, does not disappoint you while pressing a formal dress shirt, skirt, or a blouse.
In this small size, it offers 70 ml water storage space that no one can expect in this miniature iron. So if you fill it once, it will be enough for the whole ironing session. Its soleplate is nonstick that ensures no harm to whatever fabric you iron. Also, it becomes ready to steam iron your dresses in only a minute. And it is also able to generate 9 grams of steam per minute while consuming 800-watt power.
3. BLACK + DECKER IR03V Easy Small Steam Iron
If you want to travel plus daily use steam iron that is light in weight, IR03V Steam Compact Iron is for you. Its length is 10.1 inches, its height is 6.2 inches, its width is 5.2 inches, and it weighs 1.75 pounds only. It is due to the aluminum soleplate that also ensures durability, perfect glide ability and proper heat distribution as per requirement.
This iron generates steam but doesn’t do dripping or spitting. There is also a 3-way auto shut off feature in this iron to make sure it never harms you and your clothes. With 1100 watt electric power, it can fight with the toughest wrinkles in no time. In our list of best small steam irons, it is the most powerful iron and any fabric can be pressed easily including polyester, soft cotton, linen, etc.
4. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot Small Steam Iron
This cute looking steam iron only weighs one pound with 7.9 inches length, 3.6 inches width, and 4 inches height. So you can easily carry it along with you no matter how small your luggage bag is. Also, it is comfortable to operate with a soft handle.
The water tank is enough to hold as much water as you will require during an ironing session. So it will shot enough steam that can eliminate the tough wrinkles. You can select the heat and steam levels as per the requirement so that your clothes become wrinkle-free and also doesn’t burn.
5. PurSteam Travel Mini Steam Iron
This small steam iron be PurSteam only weighs 1.65 pounds and is 8.4 inches long, 4.7 inches high, and 3.6 inches wide. Despite the small size, it operates on 800-watt power. Removes almost every wrinkle from the clothes as generates 50 percent more steam than any other competing iron.
The manufacturer has designed the handle in such a way that it can’t slip from your hand. The non-stick soleplate ensures smooth gliding.
In the above list of best small steam irons 2020, all models reviewed are highly affordable. But if you are still confused, here is our suggestion based on overall performance. Consider SF-717 Mini Travel Steam Iron as it has many positive reviews and happy customer base.
Also, it passed our all quality tests. On the other hand, if you like classy yet sleek design steam iron, go for PurSteam Travel Mini Steam Iron. For more suggestions reach to us!
Take a look at these awesome models available on Amazon:
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- Shot of Steam Feature offers an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or Vertically steaming hanging clothes or draperies
- Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any temperature setting to eliminate unwanted drips
- 30 minute timed Auto-off for safety and peace of mind
- Self-clean system removes minerals inside the iron for longer lasting steam performance
- Lifetime soleplate and 3-year limited warranties
- Stainless-steel soleplate with precision tip- Easy gliding across different garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas, and 1700-Watts of Power
- 400 Plus Steam holes with 35 g/min of steam – provide excellent steam distribution
- Easy control thermostat knob – Easily select the ideal steam output based on fabric
- Use tap water to iron – Easily fill the iron with easy fill hole, anti-drip lid, and translucent water tank window
- Safety comes first with rowenta – Automatic 3-way shut off system to prevent accidents
- CORDLESS FUNCTIONALITY: Sunbeam's updated 1500-watt hybrid corded/cordless clothes steam iron provides up to 60 seconds of continuous heat and steam in cordless mode, and quickly reheats in just 25...
- LED INDICATOR: Steam iron features an LED indicator that tells you when the iron is losing heat in cordless mode, so you can get it back to its base to reheat
- GLIDING CERAMIC: Ceramic soleplate offers more "glide-ability" across fabrics than stainless steel or nonstick
- CHOOSE YOUR FABRIC: Large, intuitive, easy-to-use dial lets you adjust for the type of fabric you're working with
- ADJUSTABLE STEAM: Adjustable steam controls allow you to select just the amount you need
- Easy Glide - The aluminum soleplate is built to last, with a smooth, nonstick finish that glides over all fabric types to quickly remove wrinkles A special groove near the tip of the soleplate lets...
- Steam or Dry Ironing - Switch on the steam setting to help iron out tough wrinkles, or turn it off when dry ironing delicate fabrics
- Anti-Drip - The iron is engineered to prevent dripping by closely regulating water temperatures. 7 Temperature Settings - The intuitive temperature dial and fabric guide make it easy to get the...
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest Plus, a power indicator light tells...
- Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual
- Lightweight and ideal for travel; steam iron can be used vertically to steam clothes on hanger or to take out wrinkles from curtains and drapes
- 200 millimeter of water tank makes adequate steam for clothes, drapes, and curtains
- Use the steam iron as a dry iron for delicate fabrics without worrying about damaging the fabric
- 360 degree swivel cord makes it more easier to iron or steam vertically without worrying about the cord tangling
- Additional features include an adjustable thermostat control, overheat safety protection, non-stick soleplate, variable steam control