Usually, ordinary steam irons weigh about 3.33 lbs on average, which is unfavorable for some users. It can cause them wrist pain if used for a more extended period. Hence to deal with this problem, we have listed and reviewed the best lightweight steam irons for you!
If regular steam irons cause you wrist and arm pain because of any health issue, or you are looking for a lightweight and comfortable one, you are at the right place. We have reviewed some quality featherweight irons keeping in view the Weight and performance. Let’s read the unbiased review of the latest best lightweight steam irons of 2021.
|Lightest weight among all||Lightest weight among all
||Hamilton Beach Commercial Lightweight Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Runner up||Runner up
||Black & Decker Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Sunbeam Steam Master Mid-size steam iron Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Lightweight + Digital Screen||Lightweight + Digital Screen
||Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best buy + Top Pick||Best buy + Top Pick
||Russell Hobbs 23061 Supreme Steam iron||
||Check On Amazon|
Our Top Picks
Best Lightweight Steam Irons to Choose in 2021
Among them, Hamilton Beach Commercial is the lightest steam iron. Black & Decker Light ‘N Easy Compact and Sunbeam Steam Master steam irons occupying the same spot with 1200 watts and 1400 watts respectively. We have also added 2400 watts model too. Have a look at in-depth reviews of best lightweight irons.
1. Hamilton Beach Commercial Lightweight Steam Iron (Lightest Weight among all)
Hamilton Beach, if you don’t know, is a big brand in home appliances and serving its commercial products in around 100 countries, including the United States, Mexico, and Canada. They design their appliances on commercial grade or for hotel rooms and guest houses. So this model of lightweight steam iron also belongs to the same category.
Carrying 1400 watt power and adjustable steam blast feature, it will not leave any wrinkle on your cloth. Soleplate is nonstick and highly durable, made up of stainless steel. It glides smoothly, and you are not going to feel any hindrance while using it. Additionally, it has an auto-clean function which will remove any deposited salts itself. It has a 3-way auto shut off system similar to the Black & Decker Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron.
In our list, it has the lightest weight among all, yet satisfactory performance for all kinds of garments. Despite it is lightweight (less than 2lbs), still gives you impeccably crisp results and a professional finish.Main features:
2. Black & Decker Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron (Best Lightweight + Runner up Steam Iron)
Black & Decker, a famous brand in home appliances, introduced Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron model which is engineered with all necessary functions. It is only 2.2 lbs so it will not hurt your wrist and arm while ironing. Because of its compact dimensions (4″ x 11″ x 6″), it can be your travel partner too!
Exclusive TrueGlide, nonstick stainless steel soleplate ensures smooth glide and users are not facing any difficulty in sliding it over any fabric. It has a power of 1200 watts which is acceptable for lightweight steam irons. This combo smoothens the tough creases even from sturdy garments such as denim jeans. It works best for most of the fabrics except for a few such as cotton, linen for which its performance may not be up to the mark, but satisfactory!
While using this model, you don’t need to adjust steam manually! Just set the temperature and its SmartSteam technology automatically optimize the amount of steam according to the temperature and fabric you selected. In addition to the steam, it also has a spray mist button that melts down wrinkles efficiently; so a smooth finish is what we get after ironing.
It also has an anti-drip function, which prevents unwanted leakage. And an automatic shutoff system gives us peace of mind by switching it off if we forgot to do. Overall it has a reasonable built quality in such a price tag. It’s a decent and affordable lightweight steam iron you can have for your household ironing job. It can be a good competitor of the Hamilton beach iron model among the quest for the best lightweight steam irons 2021.Main features:
3. Sunbeam Steam Master Mid-size Iron
Coming down to the list, our next product is highly rated and well-priced. Yes, we are talking about Sunbeam Steam Master Mid-size Iron. It comes under the lightweight category, but its weight is slightly on the higher side as compared to the other two models reviewed above.
It is a 1400 watt steam iron fitted with a nonstick soleplate that imparts fantastic results. Soleplate has a pointed tip that helps with details such as a collar, cuffs and lapels and hard-to-reach areas around buttons or inside pleats.
In addition to seam output, it also has a spray mist feature that cuts down stubborn creases. You can adjust steam delivery with the help of a knob, fitted on the upper side of the handle. Steam shot features, as well as vertical steaming support, can be found in this model. Temperature control or fabric selector is on the lower side of the handle. So you can select the desired temperature according to fabric type.
Another important feature that might catch your attention is its 8ft retractable cord. So forgot about cord tangling and managing while using this model. Same like other sunbeam models, it also has an anti-drip function which prevents leaking or dripping. Its 3-way motion smart auto shut-off technology ensures safety. This feature is handy for forgetful or busy folks.Main features:
4. Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron (Digital screen and 9 presets)
If you are looking for lightweight iron equipped with modern features like digital LCD, it can be your pick. Having precise controls, ergonomic handling and robust double-layered ceramic soleplate making it No.1 best seller on amazon.
It allows you to choose among 9 fabric presets. Chose ideal temps from LCD according to your fabric. Pick among nylon, silk, wool, cotton, jeans, linen and more. Its weight is on the higher side around 3 lbs. Because of its 1800 watts of power, it heated up quickly so you don’t need to wait for it. Most steam generator iron has an extremely lightweight iron part because their heating assembly and water tank are placed beside. If you are looking for such irons, you can check the best steam generator irons 2021 on our website.
Similar to other previous models, it has a 3-Way Auto-Off function which switches it off when placed idle for some time. The self-cleaning feature ensures durability by removing any scales depositions. To cope with the hard Water issue, an anti-calcium function is added in this model.
Overall it is a good model and customers are also happy with it. They are also providing after-sale service, check according to your location before buying!Main features:
5. Russell Hobbs 23061 Supreme Steam iron (Best buy lightweight steam iron)
Russel Hobbs 23061 is a lightweight but powerful steam iron. If you are thinking about wrinkles removing capability, we would like to tell you that it has 2400 watts of power. High watts means it will get ready for ironing in no time and generates quality steam.
It has stainless steel soleplate with side holes that distributes continuous steam at a rate of 42 G/min and burst steam at 110G/min. You can set the required temperature using a dedicated dial. It does not have any temperature presets as they were in the previous review.
The anti-drip function ensures your ironed garments are watermark free and the 2m long cord allows you to iron with ease. Its soft-touch handle and dial ensure the unit sits comfortably in hand. You can use it as Dry Iron, Steam iron, Spray iron and Burst iron.
The water tank is quite enough to have a capacity of 300ml (10.14Oz). If you are looking for an iron having the capacity in liters for more prolonged usage and you don’t like frequent refills, you should consider Best steam generator irons 2021. It can be your best choice if you don’t want to compromise on features and weight, it can be best to buy lightweight steam iron for you.
Because of its perfect performance and impressive features, the author added it in top picks list of best lightweight steam irons 2021.Main features:
Your quest for the best lightweight steam iron ends here. Now you have read reviews of the best models above and might want to pick one. Here are suggestions from my side.
If you have some issues with your wrist and being lightweight iron is your primary concern then Hamilton Beach Commercial Lightweight Steam Iron is your ultimate partner. But it has 1200 watts that might not deliver powerful performance as high wattage models. In addition to this model, Hamilton Beach and Sunbeam are also 1200 watt irons that can also be your choice.
What is the best lightweight steam iron?
Russell Hobbs 23061 Supreme Steam can be your best pick because it has lightweight, weighs only 2.2 lbs, while not compromising on performance. So if you are looking for the best features and featherweight, go for Russell Hobbs 23061 Supreme Steam.
Take a look at these models also:
- Stainless-steel soleplate with precision tip- Easy gliding across different garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas, and 1700-Watts of Power
- 400 Plus Steam holes with 35 g/min of steam – provide excellent steam distribution
- Easy control thermostat knob – Easily select the ideal steam output based on fabric
- Use tap water to iron – Easily fill the iron with easy fill hole, anti-drip lid, and translucent water tank window
- Safety comes first with rowenta – Automatic 3-way shut off system to prevent accidents
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- Made With Chi Flat IRON Technology. Designed Using the Same Titanium-Infused Ceramic Soleplate Technology That Powers Chi’s Hair Styling Tools, Including the Flagship Chi g2 Flat IRON
- Powerful Steam for Effortless Ironing. With Over 300 Steam Holes, This IRON Delivers Powerful Steam That Makes the Process of Steaming out Wrinkles Smooth and Fast
- Fabric Guide. Choose Your Fabric Type and the IRON Sets the Temperature Accordingly, Eliminating the Guesswork
- Precise Control. a Unique, Adjustable Steam Lever Goes From No Steam to Full Power With Just a Quick Slide. and the Sleek Handle With Textured Grip Gives You Complete Control and Comfort
- Premium Materials With Modern Style. the Titanium-Infused Ceramic Soleplate Is Ultra-Strong and Scratch-Resistant. Matte Chrome Accents and a Sleek Design Give This IRON a Polished Look
- CUT YOUR IRONING TIME IN HALF: Maytag’s M200 iron reaches max temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons Plus, it only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate - the...
- VERTICAL STEAM: The Maytag M200 is not just for ironing, now you can steam out wrinkles on your hanging garments too, with the vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch grip provides the perfect...
- PRECISION THERMOSTAT: Iron specialty fabrics - linen, Cotton, silk, wool, nylon, or synthetic; simply turn the dial for a precise temperature and ironing becomes quick and effortless for all your...
- STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE: Perfect steam distribution and a smooth glide
- Made in China
- Package length :12.4 "
- Package width :4.84 "
- Package height :5.59 "