Polyester is an extremely durable fabric; that is why it is used in cloths, curtains, and upholstery. This material also not requires extra dry-cleaning so most people use this fabric in their home.
The polyester fabric we get from the market is very soft and thin; that is why we need to wash and iron it very carefully.
There are some tips and general settings of steam iron that is very important while ironing polyester. Using steam iron with the proper method will remove creases and wrinkles from polyester clothes and curtains.
How to iron polyester fabric – Step by step guide:
- First of all, wash your polyester clothes properly so that there are no stains left.
- If wrinkles are there, then you need to steam iron your clothes. For this, first of all, turn the settings of your steam iron to polyester because temperature maintenance is essential for the ironing process.
- Make sure your clothes are damped so that it will iron perfectly. You can use water spray to keep moisten your clothes during ironing. Turn your clothes inside out and place it on the iron table or another flat surface.
- Do not iron directly on the polyester clothes or fabric because polyester is made of plastic, and it will burn your clothes if the iron is too hot. So be careful while ironing polyester clothes.
- So do not apply iron directly and apply it on any other rough cloth than start ironing polyester clothes. You can also put other clothe on polyester clothes and then iron them.
- But sometimes wrinkles do not get off so increase the temperature a bit to get wrinkles free garments.
- Move your steam iron slowly over your clothes in up-down movement and never sit iron in a single place because it may burn your cloth.
- Hang your clothes after ironing and if you want to keep it wrinkles free to hang them in a thin plastic sheet.
Take a look at some great steam irons available on today’s market:
- Exceptional 5 bars of pressure ideal for removing wrinkles from hanging garments or drapes and or smoothing and shaping sewing projects
- Micro steam 400 Stainless Steel Soleplate. Power cord length : 1.9 meter
- Constant High Powered Steam - available at the touch of a trigger, the powerful steam makes ironing fast and effortless
- Eco Setting saves up to 20% of energy, power 1800 watts, steam output 80 grams per minute
- Extra Large, removable and visible 47oz Tank allowing 1.5 hours of continuous ironing ; Anti scale function - Rinsing system. Made in France
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - The durable, heavy-duty soleplate glides smoothly over all fabric types to press out wrinkles in no time
- Dynamic Steam Technology - The Allure iron produces over 30% more steam* to quickly cut through wrinkles and create long-lasting, crisp results on clothes, linens, and more *When compared to Shark...
- Auto Clean System - Keep the iron at peak performance with the Auto Clean system, which flushes out mineral deposits
- Variable Temperature and Steam Controls - Independent steam and temperature controls give you the ability to customize each setting separately for the best results across all fabric types
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest
- CORDLESS STEAM/DRY IRON Enjoy the ease and freedom of cordless steam and dry ironing with this sleek 1500 Watt iron; Ideal for quilting, sewing and crafting
- CURVED STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE Smartly curved, super-smooth stainless-steel soleplate heats quickly to nimbly remove creases and wrinkles
- VERTICAL STEAM FEATURE With the push of a button, a powerful vertical steam feature directs a full burst of steam to relax and remove winkles in hanging garments, curtains and drapes
- TOUCH-BUTTON IRON & STEAM SETTINGS Electronic temperature controls on the iron's handle make it quick convenient to select and adjust temperatures for a wide variety of fabrics, plus variable steam...
- Capacity: 0.154 liters
- HEATS FASTER: Maytag’s M400 Iron reaches max temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons. Plus, it only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate - the anti-wrinkle spray,...
- VERTICAL STEAM: The Maytag M400 is not JUST for ironing, now you can steam out wrinkles on your hanging garments too, with the vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch grip provides the perfect...
- PRECISION THERMOSTAT: Iron specialty fabrics - Linen, Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, or Synthetic; simply turn the dial for a precise temperature and ironing becomes quick and effortless for ALL your...
- SELF-CLEANING: The best part, this iron will self-clean! With an anti-calc and anti-scale function, your iron will remain in pristine condition use after use
- INCLUDES: 1500w; 8.1oz tank capacity, 360-degree swivel 8ft cord, and backed by a manufacturer’s 2-year warranty
- Humiliates Irons Costing Twice as Much - Designed with unmatched steaming power to easily decimate the toughest wrinkles, a long lasting ceramic soleplate which is more durable than stainless steel,...
- Large LCD Screen with 11 Preset Settings - With the useful LCD screen feature, you can easily select your fabric type and always iron with the right heat. Our PurSteam Iron will provide you with ideal...
- Multi-purpose Iron - Do you need to iron or steam tapestry and curtains? Look no further! From now on you can iron VERTICALY almost any fabric you want. We all know how difficult and stressful is...
- Packed with Features – Beside the large LCD screen for easier temperature selection, the PurSteam Iron offers you many features to make your ironing easier. Designed with a self-cleaning function...
- Unsurpassed Quality/ Live Customer Support - Water drops in the tank? Do not fear! This just means your PurSteam steam iron was thoroughly tested before arriving at your home. Our rigorous testing...
- 💨[STEAM & DRY IRON]: Compared to traditional irons, the MOOSOO Steam Iron reaches its maximum temperature in less than a minute. It can be used as both a steam and dry iron.
- 💨[CERAMIC SOLEPLATE]: Ceramic is more durable than stainless steel, scratch-resistant, and easy to clean. The enhanced non-stick soleplate glides over all fabric types to smooth out wrinkles.
- 💨[ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE]: The MOOSOO Steam Iron is equipped with 4 temperature settings, allowing for use on a variety of fabrics including linen, cotton, silk, wool, nylon, and synthetic. The...
- 💨[AUTO-CLEAN SYSTEM & 470ML LARGE WATER TANK]: Maintain the iron’s peak performance with the Auto-clean system, which flushes out mineral deposits. The 470mL water tank allows for 15 minutes of...
- 💨[SAFETY ]: Motion sensors automatically turn off the steam iron when no activity is detected for a long period of time. The Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any of the temperature...
Our in-depth reviews. Have a look!
- Best Retractable Cord Steam Iron – 2020 Reviews (Updated)
- Best Cordless Steam Irons 2020 Review – Top Picks
- Best Lightweight Steam Iron – 2020 Buying Guide & Reviews
- Best Steam Iron Under $50 – 2020 Buying Guide & Reviews
- Best Steam Iron for Dress Shirts – 2020 Bying Guide & Reviews
- Best Small Steam Iron – 2020 Buying Guide and Reviews
- Best Steam Iron Without Auto Shut Off Function – 2020 Buying Guide
- Best Soleplate Types for Steam Irons – 2020 Comparison Guide
- Best Travel Steam Irons (Dual Voltage) – 2020 Buying Guide
- Best Vertical Steam Iron – 2020 Reviews & Buying Guide