If your iron is not working well like it is sticking to the cloths or spraying dirty water, then it must need maintenance. You have to do some easy steps to clean your steam iron, and after that, your steam iron will work properly. There are different methods with which you can clean your steam iron, such as you can use baking soda and detergents to clean it.
Cleaning the soleplate of steam iron:
Clean bottom surface of the iron with baking soda
Always use a soft cloth to clean the surface because harsh cloths can cause a scratch on the surface. Baking soda is used to clean all the stains, and it is effective as well.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
How to clean steam iron with baking soda
- Whenever you are going to clean the iron surface, make sure that iron is unplugged and is cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of vinegar and make a paste of it.
- Take a soft cloth and dip it in the paste and then scrub on the surface.
- Keep on rubbing politely until the surface will completely clean.
- Then clean that surface with a cloth wet with water.
- After all, dry the surface with a dry cloth.
Cleaning of soleplate of a steam iron with detergents
Detergents not only used for the dishes but also use to clean steam iron and to remove stains. This is one of the popular methods of cleaning as the detergent is available in every house, and you do not need to go out to buy cleaning agents.
- Warm water
- Soft cloth
How to clean the soleplate of a steam iron with detergents
- Add a few drops of detergent in warm water and mix it well until bubbles formed
- Use a soft cloth and wet it with detergent water
- Wipe that cloth all over the steam iron
- Also clean bottom and plastic part of the steam iron
- After rubbing and removing stains use clean water cloth to remove detergent residue
- Dry iron and use it
Cleansing of all steam iron is necessary because with the passage of time they gets sticky and performance gets lowered. However, we have reviewed the best steam irons of 2020 that have durable soleplate and did not get sticky too early.
Cleaning steam vents of steam iron
Cleaning the soleplate surface is not enough if you want to get powerful results. For proper working of your steam iron, you must also clean steam vents.
Cotton bud, white vinegar, and water
How to clean steam vents of iron
- Take white vinegar and soak cotton bud into white vinegar
- Clean steam vents of the iron by rotating the cotton bud and move it left-right to clean the entire residue inside the iron.
- Do the same processes for each steam vents
- After cleaning each steam vent with vinegar clean it with water
- Use a dry cotton bud to dry it.
Clean inside of the steam iron
Cleaning steam iron from inside is also important because it will help to remove lingering debris and mineral particles inside the iron.
Removing limescale and inner deposits of scales off steam ion
- Distilled water
- White vinegar
How to clean the inner side of steam iron to remove deposited scales
- Mix water and vinegar in equal amount and pour it into the reservoir of the steam iron and fill it about one third.
- Turn on iron with low heat and let the mixture evaporates
- After 5-10 minutes when all the mixture almost evaporates turn off the iron
- Clean the iron with clean water to remove vinegar residue