There are plenty of steam irons available in the market. Some models with high price tags are screaming for attention. But in many cases, pricey iron does not have the required performance, but affordable steam iron has. If you cannot afford to buy high priced iron. No worries!
You can still have the quality performing iron at a very affordable price, such as under $50. Even you will be able to use them for vertical steaming too.
Best Steam Irons Under $50 to buy in 2021
Finding the best steam iron under a $50 budget that has all essential features and superior performance is challenging and required lots of research, time and effort. We have done all the hard work and testing for you and narrowed down the best 7 models.
These are selected on the basis of their usability on all household garments. We have listed and reviewed the best affordable steam irons 2021, and you can read below.
1. Beautural 1800 Watt Steam Iron (Best Affordable steam iron)
- 9 preset modes
- Double ceramic soleplate
- 1800 watt high efficiency and power
- Auto shutoff
- Lcd screen
A decent look among the affordably priced steam irons is what Beautural 1800 famous for. It offers the same temperature throughout the soleplate. Because it is a dual soleplate with ceramic coating. Also, there are enough holes to transmit steam all over the area you want to iron.
The manufacturers ensure easy cleaning as the soleplate has an anti-calcium building feature and is also scratch-resistant to some extent. It is also corrosion less so glides smoothly over every sort of fabric you are going to iron. All this combines to make this iron long-lasting.
There are nine presets for different sorts of fabrics. And the most fantastic feature is the display screen on which you can easily switch the fabric mode you desire. The auto turn-off is also here to ensure that nothing gets hurt. It only weighs 2.98 pounds, and the cord is 8 feet long, which is somewhat an average length but not so short. I would like to recommend it as one of my top picks for best steam irons under $50.
2. Black & Decker Vitessa Steam Iron ICR 2030 (Budget-friendly)
- 1200 Watts Power
- Stainless Steel Soleplate
- Even Steam Soleplate Design
- SmartSteam Technology
- Moisture Control Buttons
- Retractable Cord
- Automatic Shutoff
Affordable yet supportable to vertical and horizontal ironing is oneliner for this iron. It promises consistent steam flow and optimizes it as per the type of fabric and required temperature. In support of the promise, there are micro holes in the stainless steel soleplate, which ensure that everything goes the way you want. Also, you can control the moisture too. You can choose manually among the three available choices. These are spray, mist, and steam.
For the precise ironing around the narrow areas, the manufacturer has made the tip thin. Easy handling is also possible as it only weighs 3.25 pounds, and the cord is retractable. Furthermore, it is safe because of the auto-shutoff feature and durable because of the auto-cleaning feature.
3. BLACK+DECKER Allure Professional Steam Iron D3030
- 1600 Watts of Power
- Stainless Steel Soleplate
- Dynamic Steam Technology
- Auto Clean System
- Variable Temperature and Steam Controls
- Automatic Shutoff
Durability in the budget is what D3030 from Black+Decker is famous for. The stainless steel soleplate with micro-holes that are comparatively low in number can produce 30 percent more steam to fight wrinkles. With 1600 watt power, it can smoothen fabric of any kind. Similar to Rowenta models, it also has a narrow precision tip that helps to reach difficult areas of shirts, pleats and around fastenings.
We have also compiled and reviewed the best steam iron for dress shirts here.
Self cleaning function is there, which also helps to increase the durability and life of the iron. It only weighs 1.89 pounds, so there will be no pain with excessive usage. The auto-shutoff is smart, as it has two variants.
If you place it idle on the soleplate side, it will turn off after 30 seconds so that the heat can’t hurt anything. And if it remains unused on the heel rest, it waits up to 8 minutes for you to return. After that, it turns off. All these features make it the best affordable steam iron.
4. Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
- 1400 watts
- Stainless steel nonstick soleplate
- Anti-drip system
- Smart auto-off
- Self-cleaning system
- 8-foot retractable cord
If you want all the necessary features in a steam iron and the estimated price is under50 dollars, Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron is for you. It ensures smooth glide over any fabric due to its non-stick and stainless steel soleplate.
You can also adjust the level of steam it generates as per the texture of the fabric. To make it easy to operate, there is a rotary button. An extra burst option is also here for you if the fabric proves to be a tough task for an iron. With that, you can set the temperature as per the fabric you want to iron too.
Despite all the necessary features in a single steam iron, including a 9 Oz capacity water tank, it only weighs 2.95 pounds. It only needs 1400 watt power to perform all the functions. That is enough for daily usage in case you are not a professional. You will also be glad to know that you can do vertical ironing also with this best steam iron. It is having the most awesome features under $50 budget.
5. T-fal FV4495 Ultraglide Steam Iron
- Ceramic soleplate w/ lifetime warranty
- Burst of steam – 1725 w
- 3-way auto-off feature
- Hassle-free cord 12-ft long cord
- Dual self-cleaning technology
Quality for a reasonable price is the promise of T-fal for FV4495 steam iron. The ceramic soleplate is a new addition in the category of steam irons. IT is available in many variants as per power consumption, but the most popular one is the 1725 watt model. So we will talk only about it here.
Smooth glide is the surety because there are embedded vertical lines on the ceramic soleplate. You can cover the maximum portion of the fabric with a slight movement with this steam iron. It is possible only because of the exceptional placement of the steam holes. You can adjust the steam generation level, and the optimal limit is 100 grams of steam per minute.
It is suitable for horizontal ironing along with being compatible with vertical ironing. That’s because of the weight, which is 3 pounds. So you can have joints pain if you use it for vertical pressing for an extended time duration. There all plastic standings on the heels that ensure safe placement during vertical ironing. It also turns off automatically if it remains idle for a long time.
Despite the self-cleaning feature, we recommend you not to use hard water. With this little precaution, your iron will last longer. Its cord is not retractable and is 12 feet long, so you will need to wrap it on the bottom stand while not in use. It is considered as one of the best steam irons under $50.
6. PurSteam Professional Steam Iron
- Smooth gliding across various garments
- 1700-Watts of Power
- Rapid Even-Heat Technology
- AXIAL ALIGNED STEAM HOLES
- – Automatic 3-way shut off system
- German engineered
All the features you want to have in a steam iron are in PurSteam Professional. Smooth glide is possible with non-stick and scratch-resistant stainless steel soleplate. It maintains even temperature throughout the steam holes that are aligned well along the sides of the soleplate.
This steam iron is compatible with horizontal ironing as well as vertical steaming. But it can only generate up to 55 grams of steam per minute, so we do not recommend it for professional use. Although, if you want to buy it for daily use, it is enough for you. Also, you can use both the options of steam and spray as per requirement. And there is no need to refill it after a small interval of time because of the 14 Oz capacity water tank.
It can start working in no time, and you will not have to wait for long until it heats up. That is possible only because of 1700 watt power and rapid heating technology. You can also set the temperature the way you want as per the requirement of the fabric.
It is easy to use and also suitable for usage over a long time, even vertically, because it weighs only 2.2 pounds. Also, buy it and forget about maintenance because it is long-lasting and equipped with self-cleaning and anti-calcium functions. Also, it will turn off automatically if not in use for a long time. The cord is only 6 feet long, which is a bit low. And the next negative thing about the cord is that it is not retractable.
7. Hamilton Beach Steam Iron 19803 (Runner up)
- Durathon Non-Stick Soleplate
- 1500 Watts of power
- 10x more durable
- 60% more steam
- Easy storage with 8-foot retractable cord
- 3-way auto-shutoff
- Self-clean feature
- Large dial and comfort handle
Durability is the main focus when we talk about Hamilton Beach steam iron. It glides smoothly over any fabric due to non-stick soleplate. If you want to iron clothes that can’t be wrinkle-free with any cheap iron, this is the one for you. Because it generates 60 percent more steam than any other iron in the market. Also, it operates on 1500 watt so you can guess how powerful it is.
You can also use this horizontal steam iron for vertical pressing. It is easy to use because of a comfortable grip and a stable heel rest. The auto turnoff feature has two different variants. It turns off after 30 seconds if it is on the soleplate or placed on any side. And when it is placed vertically, it turns off after 15 minutes if not in use. After you are done with pressing, storage is easy because 8 feet long cord is retractable.
In this article of Best Steam Irons Under $50, we have selected the best models that you can buy without further thinking. Each model has more qualities than others. All the models are suitable for regular household usage. Sometimes, you may need to steam some delicate fabrics instead of ironing, so we take this point into consideration and all these irons also support vertical steaming.
In conclusion, I would like to recommend 2 models, based on their ultimate performance, high power, smooth glide ability, fast wrinkle removing capability, and enough water tank capacity. Surprisingly these come under the best affordable steam irons having a price less than $50.
If you don’t have any budget issues, You can check the list of best steam irons of 2021.
Check out these models available on the market:
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- HEATS FASTER: Maytag’s M400 Iron reaches max temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons. Plus, it only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate - the anti-wrinkle spray,...
- VERTICAL STEAM: The Maytag M400 is not JUST for ironing, now you can steam out wrinkles on your hanging garments too, with the vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch grip provides the perfect...
- PRECISION THERMOSTAT: Iron specialty fabrics - Linen, Cotton, Silk, Wool, Nylon, or Synthetic; simply turn the dial for a precise temperature and ironing becomes quick and effortless for ALL your...
- SELF-CLEANING: The best part, this iron will self-clean! With an anti-calc and anti-scale function, your iron will remain in pristine condition use after use
- INCLUDES: 1500w; 8.1oz tank capacity, 360-degree swivel 8ft cord, and backed by a manufacturer’s 2-year warranty
- 1800-watts professional fabric steaming iron offers impressive steam capabilities which are great for getting stubborn creases out of your fabric. When steam ironing, fill the water tank to its max...
- Crafted with super smooth ceramic soleplate with 53 steam holes that effortlessly glides through even the toughest creases to leave your garments wrinkle-free. Scratch-resistant, durable and with a...
- Dual moisture control buttons give you the power to gently mist fabrics to dampen while ironing or blast tough wrinkles with the steam burst trigger. Make sure Steam Burst is used at higher...
- Smartly designed with 3-way shut off system to keep you safe at all times. Its safety feature automatically stops heating the iron when left inactive for 15 minutes on the heel or 30 seconds on the...
- No worries! This just means your iron was filled with water to test it thoroughly for quality before you received it. Before filling the self-cleaning, 350 ml water tank, make sure iron is unplugged,...
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - The durable, heavy-duty soleplate glides smoothly over all fabric types to press out wrinkles in no time. Comfort Grip Handle
- High Steam Rate - Blast away wrinkles efficiently with customizable digital settings that deliver the perfect amount of steam according to fabric type. Item dimensions is 11 x 5.6 x 4.6 inch
- Digital Temperature Control - The clear-view LCD screen makes it easy to customize fabric and steam settings. Plus, the screen will flash “READY” once the iron is preheated to the selected...
- Variable Temperature and Steam Controls - Independent steam and temperature controls give you the ability to customize each setting separately for the best results across all fabric types. Volts :...
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest
- Shot of Steam Feature offers an extra burst of steam on flat surfaces or Vertically steaming hanging clothes or draperies
- Anti-drip system prevents water leakage at any temperature setting to eliminate unwanted drips
- 30 minute timed Auto-off for safety and peace of mind
- Self-clean system removes minerals inside the iron for longer lasting steam performance
- Lifetime soleplate and 3-year limited warranties
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — A 1.4-ounce water tank heats up in 15 seconds, equipped with 1-touch steam control and 3 temperature settings for various fabric types. Fill measuring cup with water up to...
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — 420 watts of power removes wrinkles from almost any fabric, an anti-slip handle for improved grip, and a 7.5-foot power cord for reachability
- DUAL VOLTAGE CONVENIENCE — Sized and equipped for travel anywhere in the world, just select between 100 and 240 volts
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS — An included travel bag and plastic measuring cup is included for added convenience and protection
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported...