Most of the steam irons have vertical steaming feature. Many brands claim this feature in the competition, but their performance is not up to the mark. Among the plethora, it is difficult to find the best performance vertical steam iron. We have tested and reviewed various models. So here is the list of best performing vertical steam irons for you.
The vertical steam feature is helpful in steaming garments without removing them from the hanger. Additionally, you can steam curtains, drapes, and upholstery using this feature. Hence it will be a wise choice to look for this feature in steam irons.
|Best Performance in vertical mode||Best Performance in vertical mode
||Rowenta DW 7180 Everlast steam iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best Choice + German quality||Best Choice + German quality
||Rowenta DW5080 Focus steam iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Affordable + Highest Positive reviews||Affordable + Highest Positive reviews
||T-fal Steam Flat Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Average choice||Average choice
||Maytag M400 Speed Heat Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Digital LCD + 9 fabric presets||Digital LCD + 9 fabric presets
||Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
|Modern looks + Affordable + Lightweight||Modern looks + Affordable + Lightweight
||PurSteam Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron||
||Check On Amazon|
Best Vertical Steam Irons to buy in 2020
We have done extensive research and narrowed down the best models. We kept in view the Vertical steaming capability, steam generation, Power, water tank capacity, and overall performance. So it will be easy for you to pick anyone!
The structure of this article is such that there is a comparison table, followed by in-depth reviews of individual products. And finally, there is a conclusion that will help you in making the right decision.
1. Rowenta DW 7180 Everlast Steam Iron – (Best Performance overall)
Best vertical steaming requires higher steam generation capability. Here the Rowenta DW 7180 will not disappoint you because of its continuous steam generation at the rate of 180G/min. In addition, it shots powerful steam burst at the rate of 400G/min. It is exceptionally enough to smoothen the creases on the thickest denim jeans or sturdy fabrics such as curtains or drapes. Also, it doesn’t leak even in the vertical mode, thanks to its anti-drip design.
Stainless steel soleplate has 400 properly distributed holes that deliver plenty of steam in a single shot. You will also notice a high-precision tip on the soleplate. It will help to iron difficult areas of the garment, such as pleats, around fastenings, and box plates.
The other two features that make it stand out are Comfortable handling and Patented limescale collector. The first one ensures a smooth and perfect grip while the second one ensures durability and longer life of the iron.
It has a power of 1750 watts, which makes it ready in no time. Weight is 4 lbs, which is comparatively on the higher side. But its performance and outstanding features can compensate for it. Read the full review here.
2. Rowenta DW5080 Focus Steam Iron (Best Choice)
Rowenta DW5080 is a German build model and very popular among users. It has a stainless steel soleplate with 400 active holes. The design of the soleplate is almost similar to the previously reviewed model, i.e., stainless steel with a precision tip. The steam output rate of 100G/min makes it suitable for vertical steaming. Its weight is 3.4 lbs, which is less than DW 7180.
It has 1700 watts power to heat the soleplate quickly. So in just 2 minutes, you will be able to iron and steam. If you have hard water in your taps, you might be worried about that. But not with this model.
Because you can use hard water in this model without the need for cleaning. As it cleans itself using a self-cleaning function. You need to press the self-clean button, and you are good to go! It has all the essential features that anyone demands in the best vertical steam iron.
It is overall a wise choice that will never disappoint you even in vertical steaming. Many Consumers are happy with it, and it comes under amazon’s choice!
3. T-fal Steam Flat Iron (Best Affordable vertical steam iron)
T-fal flat steam iron is a modern-looking yet affordable model available in the market. It is equally suitable for horizontal ironing as well as vertical steaming. This model gives steam burst at the rate of 80G/min, which is enough to remove wrinkles from all types of fabrics, including linen, silk, cotton, and wool.
The steam mechanism is of a unique nature that delivers 50% more steam as compared to competitors. Also, this feature is perfect for vertical steaming, hanging garments, and drapes. So all these features combine to make it the perfect vertical steam iron.
To make vertical steaming easy, T-Fal provided a steam burst trigger on the underside of the handle, taking the ergonomic controlling to the next level. It has an exclusive soleplate known as Durilium technology. Durilium is a combination of ceramic and metal (usually aluminum).
That is also famous for its smoothest glide and scratch resistance. During regular ironing sessions, you will notice a significant difference in glide ability. Its electric cord is not retractable. However, you can warp it along with the bottom stand for easy carrying.
Weight of 3.3 lbs and compact looks make it a good option for vertical steaming. Moreover, its anti-drip feature guarantees that there will be no annoying watermarks and spits on fabric. Dripping is not an issue with this iron, even at low temperatures, as it has passed many tests without even a single drop. Same as the previous reviews, it also has an automatic shut-off system for safety and peace of mind.
It comes in 3 variants of 1700 watts, 1725 watts, and 1800 watts. You can choose according to your choice, but our recommendation is to go with the 1700 watt variant.
4. Maytag M400 Speed Heat Steam Iron (Average choice)
Maytag is an American brand eminent of home and commercial appliances. We are going to review the Maytag M400 model that gained popularity in the market in a short time.
It is a 1500 watt steam iron powered by speed heat technology. That makes it ready in just 55 seconds. So no more waits! Just turn it on and voila! It is not just for regular ironing. As it also offers you effortless vertical steaming too. Also, it has a specially designed handle and soft-to-touch grip. Ultimately, it provides perfect balance and seamless handling. The 360-degree swivel cord is 8ft long. So you will not face any irritation while moving it around.
Soleplate is made up of stainless steel. Although it has fewer holes than Rowenta, still, it delivers a generous shot of steam. Steam holes are along the sides of the soleplate so that it can provide optimum steam in vertical as well as horizontal mode.
To conclude, it is an affordable pick for vertical steaming and regular ironing sessions. Dedicated thermostat knob and self-cleaning function make it a worthy contender in the same price range.
5. Beautural 1800-Watt Steam Iron – (Steam Iron with LCD)
If you are looking for lightweight iron equipped with modern features like digital LCD, it can be your pick. Having precise controls, ergonomic handling, and robust double-layered ceramic soleplate, making it the par excellence one among competitors. So, removing wrinkles will not be an issue using this model. Its weight of 2.98 lbs and enough steam output, standing itself among the best vertical steam irons of 2020.
It has 9 temperature presets for ideal temperature settings. You can choose among nylon, silk, wool, cotton, jeans, linen, and more from the digital screen. Overall it’s a good model engineered with all essential features. Furthermore, durability is optimized by anti-calcium and self-cleaning utility.
6. PurSteam Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron
Coming down to our list, next is PurSteam’s professional-grade steam iron. It is a German-made model having a steam rate of 55G/min, and it also supports vertical steaming.
The reason we picked in the list of best vertical steam irons is its 2.2 lbs weight and optimum steam delivery. In addition to steam, it also has a water spray system that relaxes the fibers in your garments to allow easy pressing. It is easy to lift and move around the ironing board.
Similar to the Maytag model, it also has rapid heat technology that helps in removing wrinkles efficiently. It has a stainless steel soleplate on which steam holes are axially aligned. These are placed in such a way to deliver the maximum amount of steam when required.
You can choose the desired temperature according to the fabric using a thermostat knob. It is no way lag behind than other models and has all essential features such as a 3-way shut off system and an anti-calcium mechanism. Another reason to buy this model is its 14 OZ large water tank.
For the best vertical steaming performance, steam iron must have a higher steam rate, lower weight, optimum steam delivery, and easy to carry handle. All models reviewed above falls on these criteria.
In conclusion, Rowenta DW7180 has superior performance but a little bit costly as compared to other models. If your pocket allows you, then it is the best pick for you under the $100 cap. Besides this, the other alternative is Rowenta DW5080, which has low weight and affordable prices. Beautural 1800-Watt & PurSteam Professional Grade 1700W irons are also worth buying. You can choose any of them.
Or if you are looking for the best garment steamer, you can find it here.
Tips for Purchasing the Best Vertical Steam Iron
- Weight: For use steam iron as a vertical steamer, you have to carry it in an upright position. So choose one with less weight.
- Steam rate: Chose an iron with a higher steam rate because it has to penetrate inside fabric and smoothens it.
- Water tank: Small water tank empty too quickly and demands frequent refills. So picking one with a reasonable water tank would be the right decision. Usually, steam irons have an average capacity tank, but steam generator irons have larger water tanks.
- Power: Power refers to how quickly the soleplate will heat and generates steam. A minimum of 1200 watts of power is enough
- Holes on soleplate: Choose one with properly distributed micro steam holes. Usually, all steam irons have more than 20 holes on soleplates.
- Durability: Look for durability features such as anti-calcium mechanism, self-cleaning system, and anti-drip design.
- Auto turn-off system: It is a safety feature that turns the iron off when you forgot to do so. Most of the irons have this feature, but there are also few steam irons without an auto shut-off system.
- Any additional features: Additional features do not directly affect the usage or performance. Digital screen, patented scale collector, and other latest ones are trending nowadays.
Here are some FAQs, people usually ask
How to use vertical steam iron?
Hang your garments vertically over a hanger. Hold the iron vertically and make sure it is a few inches away from the fabric. Move the iron up-down and sideways to steam press clothes. Keep the steam on all the time.
Do vertical steam irons really work?
Vertical steam iron works best for almost any fabric because they have more power than horizontal iron. They heat up quickly and removes wrinkles from sensitive clothes without touching them. They are suitable to use too.
Which is the best vertical steam iron?
Rowenta DW5080 Focus steam iron is the best one for vertical ironing. It can generate 100 grams of steam per minute by only consuming 1700 watts of power. With the stainless steel soleplate, it weighs 3.4 pounds. It gets ready for ironing and steaming in only two minutes.
How do you steam a dress with an iron?
If your steam iron has a vertical steaming feature, then you can steam a dress with it. To steam:
- Turn the iron on and let it ready.
- Hold the iron in an upright position.
- And move along your hanged dress gently.
- Repeat the process until all wrinkles have gone away.
Check out these models also:
- CONTINUOUS STEAM: The Electrolux iron is a tool that goes the distance with a full-capacity water tank and a ceramic soleplate for even heating. 4 adjustable steam settings with 1650 watts power and a...
- QUICK POWER-UP: Removes creases efficiently, iron heats up in only 30 seconds, with large detachable 400 ml (14oz.) water tank for 15 minutes of continuous steam blast. The iron will automatically...
- ADVANCED STEAM TECHNOLOGY: Modern LCD screen with 4 adjustable steam settings, steam any fabric from cotton, wool, nylon, linen etc. Wrinkle free and refresh everything from clothing to bedding and...
- CONVENIENT USAGE & EASY STORAGE: Pack up your tool with confidence using the included, heat-resistant storage box. The convenient Velcro cord wrap keeps your best tool ready for next time. Features,...
- Water particles in the tank? means it was tested for quality before you received it! ELECTROLUX products are manufactured to reduce household energy and avoid the depletion of natural resources in...
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
- Precise Control - Mueller Steam Iron allows you to leave your iron in the face down position, but prevents burning and scorching of your fabrics or ironing board cover. From now on you can steam out...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional...
- CORDLESS FUNCTIONALITY: Sunbeam's updated 1500-watt hybrid corded/cordless clothes steam iron provides up to 60 seconds of continuous heat and steam in cordless mode, and quickly reheats in just 25...
- LED INDICATOR: Steam iron features an LED indicator that tells you when the iron is losing heat in cordless mode, so you can get it back to its base to reheat
- GLIDING CERAMIC: Ceramic soleplate offers more "glide-ability" across fabrics than stainless steel or nonstick
- CHOOSE YOUR FABRIC: Large, intuitive, easy-to-use dial lets you adjust for the type of fabric you're working with
- ADJUSTABLE STEAM: Adjustable steam controls allow you to select just the amount you need
- Fast Heat - 1700W power iron allows the electric iron to generate steam in less than 20s. More efficient but less costly than the average products in the market.
- Precise Temp Control - Temperature dial with 5 ranges makes it easy and precise when you iron of specialty fabrics such as wool, silk, linen, cotton, synthetics, etc. always keep your clothes in...
- Vertical Steaming - Continuous steam output can be adjusted via button; Powerful vertical steam makes it effortless to remove wrinkles from hanging garments; Cool spray mist can moisten fabrics for...
- Retractable Cord - The retractable cord makes you manage cord easily for neat and hassle-free storage. With just a quick press, cord conveniently retracts into the integrated storage compartment.
- Purchase with Confidence - We are committed to providing our customers with the most valuable products in the market.
- ALL-IN-ONE – The easy-to-use AEVO Portable Steam Iron allows you to dry iron or steam iron both flat and hanging clothes. Preheating takes just 40 seconds, and when filled with water it can steam...
- RAPID WRINKLE REMOVAL – The built-in triple-vaporizing clothes steamer generates steam that’s gentler but has more penetrating power than ordinary steam irons. This high-pressure steam eliminates...
- OVERHEATING & LEAK-PROOF – The steamer maintains a stable temperature while ironing, and will turn off automatically if it gets too hot or detects an electrical fault. The soleplate’s leak-proof...
- SUITS MOST FABRICS – This versatile iron can be used with linen, silk, cotton, wool, synthetic fabrics, and more. It’s also great for steaming things like bedding, tablecloths, sofas, and...
- COMPACT & PORTABLE – At just 600 grams (excluding the iron’s base), you can easily take this lightweight steam iron with you to the office and on business trips or vacations.