If you are quilter or sewer and in quest of finding the best iron for quilters? You are at the right place! We are fully aware of the importance of steam iron in quilting and sewing. So we tested the best models keeping in view the leakages, temperature settings, anti-burn system and durability.
As it is a one-time investment so we have done an extensive research to save your time, money and efforts. Hence, we have narrowed down the best steam iron for quilting 2023. Let’s read a review of each model one by one.
|Rank||Image||PRODUCT NAME||SCORE||Check Price|
|Oliso TG1100 Smart Steam Iron
|Oliso Pro TG1600 Smart Iron
|Rowenta DW9280 Steam Iron
|CHI Steam Iron 13106
6 Best Steam Irons for Quilting 2023 Review
Our Top Picks
1. Oliso TG1100 Smart Steam Iron (Best for Quilters and Sewers)
- iTouch Technology
- Premium Stainless Steel Soleplate
- 1800 watts Power
- Automatic shut off
- 2-inch detailer tip
- No Leaks
- 3 steam modes
The Oliso TG1100 is all about ease of use and comfort. The main feature of this iron is the iTouch technology. You don’t need to spend your time and energy in lifting the iron and setting it upright. Its scrotch guards will do it for yourself by lifting the iron up.
It has a 2-inch deep detailer tip designed on the soleplate, which is not less than a blessing if you are going to create a crease on underside folds. It also gives you the option to choose the desired level of steam according to the fabric. (Best features for sewers, quilters and tailors).
Soleplate: Ultra Premium Stainless Steel
Quilters have to do many tasks side by side, such as needlework, cutting clothes and stitching. So you might be afraid that a little negligence can cause the fabric to fire. Before you think in such sway, you should know that it has an auto shut-off feature. Moreover, safety and ease of use are ensured by auto-lift and iTouch technology.
Oliso iron operates on 1800 watts due to which it gets heat up rapidly and press clothes quickly in a single pass. As this iron passes more steam and quickly irons fabrics, it is used in quilting and removes all types of creases and wrinkles. This iron has an anti-drip feature so it does not cause leakage and it also had ideal weight along with water tank. Oliso is easy to use and is easy to read water level on the water tank.
- Heats up quickly
- Remove deep creases
- Automatically shut off
- Durable and good quality
- Can be used for quilting and sewing
- Easy to use and easy to read water level
- No leakage when the steam setting is used
- Comparatively Noisy
- Bit expensive
2. Oliso Pro TG1600 Smart Iron (Professional Quilter Pick)
- i touch technology
- Stainless steel soleplate
- Large water tank
- High steam rate
- Auto shut off
- Tripleplay Xtremesteam technology
- 1800 watts power
Oliso Pro is specially designed for quilting and sewing purposes. If you want to buy a steam iron for quilting or sewing, you must buy Oliso pro because it has many features as well, like Itouch technology, auto shut-off feature, Tripleplay Xtremesteam feature, the large water tank and stainless steel soleplate.
Soleplate: Pro-Press Stainless Steel
Soleplate is coated with thick chromium which makes this iron durable and scratch-resistant. It generates a large amount of steam which then distributed equally due to stainless steel material. You can set different steam settings according to your choice and can use it horizontally or vertically.
Oliso Pro steam iron is timing saving and deals with all kind of fabrics effectively. Due to its Itouch technology, this iron prevents burns and tipping; you have to take away your hand from the handle, it will lift automatically. That is why Oliso pro is safer to use. Despite having a large water tank, it is lightweight and can effortlessly move over any fabric and remove deep wrinkles.
- Specially made for quilters and sewers
- Generates a high amount of steam
- Stainless steel Soleplate
- Less chance of burning
- Ergonomic controls and handling
- The water tank is significant
- Saves much time with itouch
- Have three different steam settings
- It has a leakage problem sometimes
3. Rowenta DW9280 Steam Iron (All-Rounder Steam Iron)
- Power of 1800 watt
- Auto safety shut off
- Stainless steel soleplate
- German-made product
- Self-cleaning system
- 30% more steam than other irons
- 8 Oz capacity of the water tank
Due to its powerful steam system, Roventa DW 9280 removes creases from clothes, curtains, and quilting fabrics. This iron is best to remove all wrinkles from thick fabrics like curtains and denim jeans. You do not need to worry while using Roventa because it is one of the best and easy to use irons; that is why this iron is best for tailoring and sewing.
Soleplate: Stainless Steel
If you want to buy steam iron for your quilting, you must buy this best quality German made steam iron that has many useful features. It also has three auto safety systems such as it will turn off after 8 minutes when placed vertically, face down for 30 second that makes us safer and more relaxed.
Soleplate of this steam iron is stainless steel that moves smoothly on clothes, curtains and formal garments. This iron is heavy to handle but due to its wide soleplate clothes and quilts are iron quickly. Moreover, it is less expensive than the above 2 Oliso iron models.
- Large stainless steel soleplate
- Powerful and generous amount of steam
- Automatic shut off sensors
- Long-lasting and durable
- Best performance makes it good for Quilters
- Large water tank of 350 ml (11.8 Oz)
- Comparatively heavy
- Due to its blue colour body, it is hard to see the water level
4. BLACK+DECKER D2530 Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron
- Automatic shut off system
- Variable Temperature controls
- Stainless steel Soleppate
- Ability to control moister
- Auto-cleaning function
- Digital LCD (9 temp presets)
Black Decker is a modern steam iron because it has LCD which allows seeing different modes of irons for different fabrics and also shows “ready” when it gets heated. It also has auto-cleaning as well as an auto shut-off system and you can also control steam and temperature of the iron.
Soleplate: Stainless Steel
There is also an automatic setting due to which steam automatically comes out without pressing the button. It also has a moisture control button so you can customise and can change each setting accordingly. Soleplate is made of stainless steel due to which it can move smoothly over each kind of fabric. Its unique soleplate design ensures its best performance even for quilting and sewing.
Soleplate has proper steam holes that distribute equal amount of steam throughout. Most of the sewers and quilters use this iron for sewing and quilting. Its steam burst throws enough steam that is necessary for quilting. You can use this button when there is a need for moistening fabrics like cotton. Black Decker steam iron is comfortable to hold in hand.
- Easy to use and comfortable handle
- Steam rate is excellent, so it removes all types of wrinkles
- Can be used for quilting and sewing due to heavy soleplate
- Automatic shut off system
- Dedicated moisture control buttons
- Perfect for ironing cuffs and collars
- It has an automated cleaning system
- Automatic setting of steam
- Its stainless steel soleplate moves smoothly on clothes
- Wire of this iron is relatively short
- It does not have anti-sticking coating
- The dial is under the handle and is not easy to move
5. CHI Steam Iron 13106 (Affordable steam iron for Quilting)
- Titanium infused soleplate
- High power steam
- A retractable cord of 8ft
- Auto shut off technology
- Steam control dial
This iron throws powerful steam that is used to remove all kinds of wrinkles. CHI flat steam iron has titanium infused ceramic soleplate with almost 400 steam holes that deliver that powerful steam. This titanium soleplate is scratch-resistant and is strong. It is a lightweight model weighing only 1.8 lbs. So you might need to apply pressure to get tough wrinkles out.
Soleplate: Titanium Infused Ceramic
You have to choose the fabric type and then this iron sets the temperature related to that fabric. You can also set a steam setting from zero to full by adjusting the lever. This iron also has a retractable cord feature so you just need to press a button and the cord which is about 8 ft long, winds up automatically.
This feature helps in the storage of this iron and makes it more convenient. This iron also shuts off automatically. If the iron is on and is lay down then, it will shut off after 60 seconds and if the iron is in the vertical position and is on then, it will shut off after 30 minutes. It can be used as steam iron as well as dry iron.
- Heated up to the desired level
- Wire is long
- Convenient to store
- High power steam that can be control
- Easy fill water
- No leaking
- Auto shut off after 30 minutes if the iron is in the vertical position
- Titanium ceramic coated soleplate is less smooth comparatively
- Cord retracting mechanism could be improved
We had listed all the best models of quilting iron in the above table. If you are still confused and need a steam iron purely for quilting needs, then no model in the market is better than Oliso TG1100 Smart Steam Iron. There is a pro version of which is a few bucks expensive. If you can afford go for Oliso Pro TG1600 Smart Iron.
Both irons considered as the best steam iron for quilting 2023. You will never regret it. Otherwise, Rowenta DW9280 Steam Iron is a cheap alternative that has top-notch performance and can be used for all kind of ironing job.
Take a look at these interesting models:[amazon box=”B004ILTH1K,B07JN6WXN4,B00JPCWDJU,B000P6CRLO,B06XKVR8BF”]